Tuesday, August 4, 2020

BOOK REVIEW: "Little Secrets"

I stayed up until almost 2 a.m. to finish this book!

That being said, I don't know how to feel after everything! This was not so much a thriller as it was a suspense novel, but boy did it get me emotionally vested in the characters...as in I hated them! 

Marin, a successful business woman in her early 40's suffers a mother's worst nightmare when her son is kidnapped right out from under her nose. And then her POS garbage husband cheats on her with an absolute piece of trash home-wrecking whore in her 20's.

At first, I was very sympathetic towards Marin, I mean, how much suffering could the poor woman take? But as she started making super-stupid decisions, I found myself liking her less and less.

And no spoilers, but I am so pissed about the bag and shoes at the very end of the story. I mean, what a dumb-ass decision on Marin's part. On that note, I think I'm most upset that I don't feel like justice is served. At all. And that bugs me.

But for a book to sink its claws in me so deeply that it gets my heart racing with fury and compels me to forsake sleep, I have to admit the author has done an amazing job.

It's a gripping and entertaining read, so pick it up for a twisty ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment