Friday, August 23, 2019

BOOK REVIEW: "These Wicked Waters"


I really enjoyed this book and the unique way sirens are interwoven in the story.

It took me a bit to get into the story and get past the MC Annie's spoiled rich girl vibe (she's being "punished" by having to spending the summer in a resplendant villa on a tropical island owned by her mother and is angry that she couldn't rock climb in Greece by herself <eye roll> ). 

Beyond that, the parallel story of Annie and the sirens was intriguing and was very well done. I did feel like the whole "I've seen sirens but no one believes me" went on a little too long, but it was eventually resolved...somewhat.

The story moved along nicely and was entertaining; I read this book in one day. If you want a light, YA read, with a little splash of sirens, pick this one up when it releases in October!

Thanks to Net Galley and Owl Hollow Press for this free ARC in exchange for my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment