Sunday, July 28, 2019

BOOK REVIEW: "Felicity Carrol and the Murderous Menace"

I recently signed up with Net Galley to try to request ARCs from publishers.  They will send them to you for your honest review.

However, I have not been granted any, probably because I haven't reviewed any books on there yet.

But there are some books that are automatically available to read/review so I got some of those, one of which being "Felicity Carrol and the Murderous Menace". Whew, what a title!!


This was a fast, fun read, as long as you don't want to think too hard.

The story is a take on the Jack the Ripper story, but even still, there wasn't intensity.

The characters were very stereotypical to me, with the main character being the proper English lady who disdains society's propriety and strives to be independent. She is a perfect human being with absolutely no flaws; beautiful but modest, intelligent, wealthy, accepting of others and self-sacrificing to a fault.  She has a maid/mother figure who dotes on her, and on and on.

The lawman is a typical romanticized wild west Sheriff as well. Handsome, tough and chivalrous with a soft heart of gold.  The minor characters were also ones you'd normally think of inhabiting a gold-rush western town.

I found it somewhat hard to believe that Felicity adapted so quickly and so well to life in the wild west of Montana, and that she was allowed access to so much information about the crimes that transpire there.

But all that aside, it was an easy read and the story moved right along.  I would liken this more to a cozy mystery than a thriller. 🌟🌟🌟💫

I'm participating in the Reviewathon that Net Galley is hosting over the next few weeks, so I hope to post more reviews soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment